Stac and Christy saw me eating this on a picnic and requested the recipe. Unique flavor . . . . it's not for everyone, but you'll know based on the ingredients if it's up your tastebud alley. I am generally not a fan of beans, but since I love pasta salad and feta cheese, I will eat them like this. Good way to eat what you love and feel good about getting in some veggies!
1 box mini farfalle (bowtie) pasta or orzo, cooked al dente
1-2 cucumbers, peeled and cubed
2 cans of beans of your choice (I use navy beans and mixed great northern and pinto. Cannellini and black beans would also work), drained and rinsed
1 can of corn, drained (I like to use shoepeg corn.)
1 Vidalia onion, chopped
1 box grape tomatoes or several medium tomatoes chopped
1-2 packages chunk feta cheese (depending on how much you love feta!)
1 packet Good Seasons Italian salad dressing (I like to use extra dressing.)
2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup olive oil
3 Tbsp water
Prepare the good seasons dressing using olive oil, vinegars, and water. Mix vegetables and pasta. Pour dressing over all. Crumble feta into salad and gently toss.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
mmmmmmm...sounds incredibly good.
ReplyDelete