Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Mexican Chicken & Dumplings

This recipe quickly became a huge family hit for us.  It is extremely easy and packed with flavor.

Mexican Chicken & Dumplings
2 can cream of chicken soup
1 can chicken broth
1/2 of a rotisserie chicken (meat pulled apart) – or 3 breasts poached and shredded.
1 packet of taco chicken seasoning
1 clove garlic (pressed)
lime juice (to taste)
8-10 fajita size tortillas
1 8oz block of sharp cheddar cheese shredded

Combine first 6 ingredients on the stove top. Heat on high until for about 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat. Tear tortillas into dumpling size pieces and add to mixture - stirring every few tortillas. Add cheese.

I alter the recipe a little to make it more like a casserole by pouring the mixture into baking dish, top with extra cheese, and I cook it at 350 degrees for a short bit until it is bubbly.

3 comments:

  1. Stirring "every few tortillas". Is this a new cooking technique? I'm just playing with you. . .as I'm the queen of typos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, it is highly technical. :) If you don't stir every few tortillas, they will clump together into one tortilla mass. Not cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, now I get it. I thought you had meant stirring every few minutes. Ha, ha. . .the joke's on me!!!

    ReplyDelete