I love love LOVE these tacos. They are super easy and super flavorful. I have to tone down the lime a little for my hubby, as he is not big on lime. They are good either way.
Lime Chicken Tacos
1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
3 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 cup frozen corn
1 cup chunky salsa - whatever heat suits your taste buds.
12 tortillas (6 inches), warmed - I use whole wheat ones.
optional - Sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, guacamole, shredded lettuce, fresh cilantro
Place the chicken in a slow cooker. Combine lime juice and chili powder and pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is tender. Remove chicken; cool slightly. Shred meat with two forks and return to the slow cooker. Stir in corn and salsa. Cover and cook on low for 30 minutes or until heated through. Serve in tortillas with you favorite taco toppers - sour cream, cheese, lettuce, etc. Yield: 12 tacos.
Sunday, February 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Why have you not given me this recipe before?? You have been holding out on me! I can just read it and know that I am going to love it. I can't wait to try this!
ReplyDelete