Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Chicken In Wine Sauce

This is one of my favorite recipes that I received from my mom. It is very quick and easy to make. I am not an onion person, but I would eat every one in this recipe given the option, I think it has a lot to do with the sauce it is in. I also recommend serving this dish with rice.

2 Medium onions
1/2 c butter or margarine
4 boneless chicken breasts, skinned and thinly sliced (I like to cut mine into cubes)
Salt and pepper to taste
2-3 medium green peppers, cut into strips
1/2 cup white wine
2 jars sliced mushrooms (you can use fresh too if you have them on hand)
4 Tablespoons flour
1 cup chicken broth

In an oblong baking dish, heat onion and butter for 3-31/2 minutes. Add chicken and heat 5-5 1/2 minutes, stirring once. Season with salt and pepper, add green pepper and wine. Heat, covered 3 1/2 to 4 minutes; add mushrooms and flour blended with broth. (If using fresh mushrooms, I recommend adding them with the chicken breast.) Heat 4 to 5 minutes or until sauces is slightly thick.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I had been meaning to ask for this recipe! It was so yummy when you brought it to us after Tuck was born.

    ReplyDelete