The only soup I have made before was Chicken Noodle Soup. I saw this one and had to try it. It not only taste great, but it makes your house smell great too! I think I will be making this one alot in the next coming months, maybe even as a course for Thanksgiving. I did leave the celery out of my soup, only because I like celery raw. I set my slow cooker on low 8 hours and went out. I was probably gone 3- 3 1/2 hour. When I got home the carrots were soft and the rice was cooked.
2 tsp vegetable oil
1 medium oinion, chopped
2 medium stalks celery, diced
2 meduim carrots, diced
1 cup diced smoked turkey (6 oz)
1/2 cup uncooked wild rice
1 tsp dried tarragon leaves
1/4 tsp pepper
3 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 can (12 oz) evaporated fat-free milk
1/3 cup all purpose flour
1 cup sweet peas
2 Tbs dry sherry, if desired
In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook onion in oil about 4 mins, stirring occasionally, until tender
Place onion, celery, carrots, turkey, wild rice, tarragon and pepper in slow cooker. Poor broth over
Cover and let cook on low heat setting 6 to 8 hours or until wild rice and vegetables are tender. Stir in peas last 15 mins of cooking.
Mix milk and flour, stir into soup. Cover and cook about 20 mins or until thickened.
Serves 6
Tuesday, November 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment